Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Electrical Engineer, P.Eng.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design projects from concept to complete preparation of construction documents and specifications. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing, coordinating and expediting a succession of different engineering activities, as part of capital expenditure projects. The Engineer will establish project strategy, review drawings and ensure elements of design and detailing adhere to jurisdictional requirements and will liaise with all key stakeholders.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Must possess P. Eng. designation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm.
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines.
- Strong industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining.
- Knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset.
- Experience in preliminary and detailed substation design an asset.
- Experience with medium voltage distribution for both surface and underground.
- Front End Loaded (FEL) engineering studies for mining applications.
- Able to mentor junior designers and engineers.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
- Ability to prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Must liaise with other automation specialists, designers and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Must possess a valid Class – G Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel.
Please visit our website at www.bestech.com to view details on BESTECH’s products and services.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017.
We would like to thank all those who will apply for the above position.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.