Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Senior Software Developer
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating software for both internal and external clients. They will perform all aspects of development from requirements gathering to training end users. On large scale projects, they are part of a team working under a team lead and a project manager. On smaller projects, they may perform independently throughout the entire software life cycle. Developers will participate in estimation, proposal creation, requirements gathering, programming, testing, and documentation while delivering software solutions
Skills and Requirements:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum five (5) or more years of software development experience
- Experience with WCF or similar communication framework
- Experience with source control tools
- IT knowledge of networks, servers and hardware
- General knowledge of mining and mining processes
- General knowledge of process control
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of at least one of the following development technologies and working knowledge of several others: C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET, etc
- Database design and strong working experience developing with either Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Comprehensive knowledge of application architecture, design patterns, and development methodologies/frameworks
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills for both team collaboration and external clients
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to focus on delivering ‘On Spec, On Time, On Budget
- Ability to travel and access to a vehicle
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
Please visit our website at www.bestech.com to view details on BESTECH’s products and services.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
BESTECH is an equal opportunity employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. BESTECH welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.