Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
As part of the Technical Expertise Center, the Energy Manager is tasked with helping clients identify, assess, prioritize and recommend energy-savings opportunities, including capital improvement projects and operational and maintenance changes. They will also be responsible for leading or supporting Detailed Engineering Studies as per the Independent Electricity System Operator’s (IESO) Industrial Accelerator Program (IAP) rules.
The Energy Manager collaborates with utility providers, energy service companies, and equipment providers to coordinate energy and sustainability programs, and provide analysis, information and recommendations to help clients reduce energy consumption or increase energy efficiency.
The incumbent has expert knowledge of IESO, utility and various Provincial and Federal energy funding programs.
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform high-level energy assessments, including walk-through audits of industrial plants
- Draft proposals and estimates for energy audits and energy related projects
- Review and provide a description of control systems, operating schedules and maintenance practices for industrial clients
- Lead or assist development of maintenance practices and programs to improve energy efficiency
- Lead or assist in the development of energy management plans for clients
- Complete applications for various IESO and utility agencies funding programs
- Coordinate the implementation of energy-saving projects, including the planning, budgeting, and scheduling for the design, installation, commissioning, and verification of energy efficiency projects
- Lead or assist in the development of measurement and verification plans
- Report on energy consumption and costs, associated transmission and distribution costs, budget variances, and savings achieved for clients
- Read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Engineering degree or relevant College diploma in a technician or technologist discipline
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation a strong asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in energy management of industrial setting
- Client relationship management experience
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills
- Work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle
- Must be willing to travel
Please visit our website at www.bestech.com to view details on BESTECH’s products and services.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should APPLY TODAY! Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
BESTECH is an equal opportunity employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. BESTECH welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.