Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
The IT/Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the networks, computer systems and peripherals, including installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization, as well as provide technical assistance, direction and training across various system environments.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). The successful candidate is customer service-oriented with the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
The ideal candidate will be professional and well-organized with the ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently. The IT/Network Administrator is expected to provide these services with a high-level of technical competency and independence.
This position is also part of an on-call rotation. During the on-call period, the individual is expected to respond to requests from clients and urgent server alerts in a timely manner.
- Provide Service Desk support to users via phone, email, or in-person and, perform post-resolution follow-ups to help desk requests.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitors all backups, maintaining data on-site and off-site as determined by BESTECH and client requirements, and perform regular tests.
- Amend current policies and develop new policies for the IT function as required.
- Develop and adhere to IT standards, and standard operating procedures to maintain BESTECH’s IT and client compliance requirements.
- Manage IT projects by understanding project objectives and scope, following project milestones, sharing technical expertise, and providing recommendations.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including services packs, patches, firmware, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Manage configuration and installations to various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewall, VPN, QoS).
- Ensure network connectivity of all systems including workstations, servers, printers, and other devices.
- Administer all network equipment, hardware, and software upgrades; escalate issues as required; and work with high-level managers to identify effective solutions and develop long-term IT strategies.
- Provide on-call support, as required; comfortable working at client sites; provide technical consulting and advice to clients as requested.
- Thoroughly test new applications and develop employee training.
As with any position with BESTECH, the IT/Network Administrator is responsible for adhering to company policies and procedures, maintaining a safe operating environment, and may also have other duties assigned as required.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in related IT program.
- Minimum (5) years of hands-on experience with network & system capacity planning, security principles, and general management best practices in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and server operating systems, including Cisco IOS, Active Directory, Windows Server & VMWare.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including VOIP, LAN, WAN and WLAN.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and communicate them effectively to others.
- Knowledge of various software – including Microsoft Office, Visio, SQL, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Autodesk, Bentley, Skype for Business, Exchange.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, troubleshooting, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong documentation skills and experience creating procedures, topology diagrams, installation scopes, and workflows.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to focus on delivering ‘On Spec, On Time, On Budget’.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Industry-recognized accreditation e.g. CCNA, Network+, Microsoft, etc.
- Experience integrating cloud-based services.
- Hands-on experience in a multivendor switching and routing environment.
- Demonstrated data center design and implementation experience.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
BESTECH invites applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted. Please note, applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.