Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Manager, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Services (Relocation Opportunity)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Electrical (ELC) division. They will be responsible to develop and implement “best-in-class” design processes and drawing standards. They will also be responsible to ensure that team members are executing work in conformance with both client and BESTECH standards. The successful candidate will work with the other Services Group Managers to effectively manage resources and achieve excellence in project execution as well as Electrical and Instrumentation design.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead business development activities for the Electrical & Instrumentation Division.
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the division including: staffing levels, budgets, and financial, strategic and operational goals.
- Liaise with other division leaders and senior management in the departmental planning process and in day-to-day operations.
- Develop and/or implement policies and procedures applicable to BESTECH’s Services Group.
- Participate in recruitment initiatives for the ELC division by working closely with HR.
- Team mentoring through training, coaching, performance management and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Be hands on and independently contribute to support highly prioritized and urgent projects and balance team workload.
- Review and approve all ELC proposals/estimates prior to client submission prepared by team members.
- Ensure projects are successfully executed on time, on spec, on budget by providing guidance and leadership, and allocate resources according to project needs.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured and maintained.
- Deal promptly with personnel issues.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- P.Eng. in Electrical Engineering with ten (10) or more years of leadership experience in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- Demonstrated business development expertise within an industrial mining environment and its related processes.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with exceptional technical report writing skills.
- Experience preparing and maintaining a fiscal budget.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with both one-on-one and group environment.
- Must possess a valid Class-G Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. BESTECH is an equal opportunity employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.