Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Reporting to the General Manager, Engineering Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and growth to the IT/IS Division. They will also be responsible to ensure that team members are executing work in conformance with both client and BESTECH standards. The successful candidate will work with the other Services Group Managers to effectively manage resources and achieve excellence in project execution.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead business development and growth activities for the IT/IS Division.
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the division including: staffing levels, resource allocations, budgets and expenditures, financial, strategic and operational goals.
- Develop, implement and improve policies and procedures applicable to the IT/IS Division in support of the organization’s mission.
- Participate in the planning of divisional and service group goals, targets, and strategic plan and ensure they are achieved.
- Liaise with other division leaders and senior management in the departmental planning process and in day-to-day operations.
- Participate in recruitment initiatives for the IT/IS group by working closely with HR.
- Team mentoring through training, coaching, performance management and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Be hands on and independently contribute to support highly prioritized and urgent projects and balance team workload.
- Ensure projects are successfully executed on time, on spec, on budget by providing guidance and leadership, and allocate resources according to project needs.
- Review and approve division proposals/estimates prior to client submission prepared by team members.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured and maintained.
- Deal promptly with personnel issues.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related and relevant technology field.
- (10+) years of industry related experience.
- Minimum (3) years of leadership experience as a technical and strategic manager.
- Demonstrated business development expertise within an industrial mining environment and its related processes.
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of data centers, servers, networking, IT systems, VoIP, and wireless technologies.
- Solid and comprehensive knowledge of system architecture, network design, planning and IT industry standards.
- Strong software development fundamentals and IT systems integration.
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution, time management, troubleshooting and project management skills along with exceptional technical report writing skills.
- IT certifications such as Cisco and Microsoft are considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
BESTECH invites applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted. Please note, applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.