Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
The successful candidate will have accumulated a high level of engineering expertise both at the discipline theory and in its application through study work and field experience. The Mining Engineer will develop and maintain rolling 12 and 18 month plans and build BESTECH’s Mining Engineering team to grow our existing services team. This person will be responsible to build and manage the Mining team to 1) develop mine designs at the FEL2-3 and Detailed Engineering levels, 2) help clients to integrate MineRP solutions, 3) work with our technology team for the integration of solutions within the mining industry. This role will be based in our Sudbury or GTA office.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- University degree in Mining Engineering with 6+ years progressive mining experience, both operational and technical, with the majority in underground mining.
- Proven track record of delivering complex and sophisticated engineering design projects
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines.
- Must be registered as or immediately eligible to register as a P.Eng in Ontario.
- Working knowledge of mine design software (Deswik, Autocad, Datamine).
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Deswik, MineRP, Promine, AutoCAD, EPS and Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. (Microstation or Microsoft Project).
- Must be familiar with underground ventilation methods and the use of ventilation software such as Ventsim and VNet.
- Must be fit for duty, and able to make frequent underground work site visits.
- Knowledge of local market conditions, emerging trends and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to manage complex situations with multiple stakeholders utilizing conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project leadership skills with ability to coach and mentor and share safety and ethical behaviors.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making skills and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Able to ensure that all projects maintain a safe operating environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to travel.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
BESTECH invites applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted. Please note, applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.