Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and designing product initiation and deployment/implementation projects as well as assembling project teams to ensure stakeholder satisfaction. This includes organizing highly complex activities for the development and execution of research and development projects and reporting to management on various key performance indicators.
More specifically, this individual will be responsible for estimating and monitoring costs, providing guidance and technical expertise in development projects and acting as team leader.
Primary Job Duties:
- Ensure that safety is paramount in all undertakings.
- Provide leadership to team on product development projects.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of high-quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using client procedures and policies.
- Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field or Bachelor of Commerce required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- PMP or PMI certification.
- 5-10 years of experience with knowledge of mining related processes is a definite asset.
- People management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel.
Please visit our website at www.bestech.com to view details on BESTECH’s products and services.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter TODAY. Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
BESTECH is an equal opportunity employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. BESTECH welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.