Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
As part of the Management Team, the Sales Manager is accountable for leading the sales and marketing efforts across the company in order to achieve our growth objectives. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services, this role requires a person with (10+) years of experience in mining and industrial engineering or manufacturing, with strong leadership skills, a track record of success in business development, and a solid understanding of the sales process for engineering services in industrial markets. In addition to a competitive salary, this position also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop and execute sales strategies and programs designed to meet and exceed established sales, profitability and market share targets within the assigned region
- Serve as the lead representative to the customer and direct ongoing sales and post-sales support
- Lead all activities involved with the sales cycle – from bid/quote to delivery ensuring that commitments to the customer are clearly understood and achieved
- Work with Executives and Division Managers to set and deliver annual revenue targets
- Support Division Managers and project teams in the implementation of key client relationship management plans with understanding of clients’ business and values
- Provide timely and accurate reporting, including the analysis of market changes and trends and competitive information, data for analysis and visitation reports
- Lead the process to forecast and deliver revenue across the company using a visible and measurable sales progress process
- Champion the use and maintenance of the CRM system to support customer relationship management and new business development efforts
- Acquire new clients in new target segments by identifying, qualifying, and ultimately delivering projects through the proposal and contract stages using solid marketing and relationship building working closely with the technical project delivery teams. Lead, coach and engage others to full capacity
- Build, prioritize and maintain relationships with key clients
- Build and maintain network presence in the mining industry through participation in industry events, technical symposiums and associations
- Provide direction and leadership in market research, marketing communications strategies and tactics to support business goals and build presence in designated markets
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- 10+ years business experience in industrial engineering, mining, and industrial manufacturing
- Understanding of standards and regulatory requirements as it relates to engineering design and industry specific to mining
- Formal sales or business development training and a solid understanding of the sales process and leading and managing a team-based sales funnel process using a CRM system
- Track record of success in new business development and customer acquisition
- Solid foundation of marketing fundamentals including segmentation, positioning, competitive analysis, and communications
- Excellent (written/oral) communication skills (English/French) with strong public presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management and computer skills
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Spanish an asset, but not required
- Ability to travel globally and possess a valid Canadian Passport
BESTECH is an equal opportunity employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. BESTECH welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested candidates should apply today! Please visit our website at www.bestech.com to view details on BESTECH’s products and services.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.