Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Team
BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Structural Engineer, P.Eng.
The Structural Engineer plays a leadership role within a multi-discipline team to provide structural engineering design for detailed engineering projects. The successful candidate will lead design activities maintaining project schedules and ensuring successful project completion. The Structural Engineer works closely with the group in the preparation of study reports, estimates and project proposals. This individual will review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy. They will utilize their structural design expertise, act as a resource for industry codes, standards and construction methods and contribute to the expansion of the existing Structural team and practice at BESTECH. This position reports directly to the Manager, Mechanical/Civil Services.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- Must possess P. Eng. Designation;
- Minimum of (8) years of relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm;
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare proposals, scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports;
- Shall be ready to mentor junior team members;
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines;
- Knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset;
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation;
- Client relationship management experience;
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills;
- Shall be able to take the structural lead on a large range of project sizes;
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment;
- Ability to prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills;
- Liaise with team members in other disciplines, designers, EIT and engineers to ensure client needs are met;
- Work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills;
- Must possess a valid Class – G Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle;
- Must be willing to travel.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
BESTECH invites applications from all qualified individuals. BESTECH is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and any other protected status. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online. Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.