Workplace safety is always an important and prominent issue, especially as it relates to electrical workers. Electrical work poses unique hazards and issues that must be addressed in order to ensure the safety of all electrical workers.
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) has adopted the CSA-Z462 document illustrating the importance of electrical safety guidelines for the industrial sector. CSA-Z462 is almost identical to the United States National Fire Protection Association’s NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
CSA-Z462 and NFPA 70E identify the recommended electrical safety guidelines, such as:
• Establishing safety management systems for persons working on electrical systems
• Providing direction in identifying the level of risk involved in working on electrical systems
• Selecting the appropriate personal protective equipment
The BESTECH Power Systems Division is uniquely positioned to assist you in addressing your electrical safety needs. Our experienced team is led by Glen Dagenais, P.Eng., a member of the CSA-Z462 Technical Committee who brings extensive experience in Arc Flash Analysis and mitigation. Glen was instrumental in the adoption of CSA-Z462/ NFPA 70E as the standard for electrical safety in large industrial companies. For more information about Glen, please visit “Our Experts” page in the “About Us” section of our website.
Workplace safety is always a top priority. The Power Systems team at BESTECH can customize an electrical safety plan resulting in fewer lost man hours and prevention of workplace injuries.
SERVICES / SKILL SET
- CSA-Z462/NFPA 70E
- Arc Flash Hazard Calculations
- Electrical Safety Plan (ESP)
- ESP Development
- Software Based ESP
- Electrical Safety Training
- CSA-Z462 Technical Committee Member