Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
We are currently seeking an Accountant to complement our Corporate Services team, which plays an important role in our continuing growth. You will be responsible for all payroll activities and be a key member of our accounts receivable and accounts payable cycles. If you are looking for a stimulating career, in a dynamic work environment, constantly in evolution, then this is the job for you!
Your Primary Duties:
- Accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll and employee expenses, as well as regular and annual remittances such as WSIB, EHT, etc.
- Monitor submission of approved timesheets and ensure valid data transfers to/from our payroll system and provider (Desjardins)
- Process and distribute T4 slips, records of employment, and manage contributions to the company retirement plan
- Maintain secure and confidential payroll system and files, exercise a high degree of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive payroll information
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger balances to ensure financial reporting accuracy and compliance with established legislation, accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
- Maintain project cost accounting, reporting and internal control procedures, and monitoring of direct and indirect costs
- Thoroughly analyze and validate revenue and expenditures
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret trends, fluctuations, and anomalies in financial statements
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Provide accounting support both internally and externally and respond to client and vendor inquiries
- Work alongside internal team members to process client invoices, post payments to client accounts, resolve billing problems and reduce accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Audit procedures and processes to maintain corporate compliance
- Assist with the coordination of financials reviews and preparation of year-end files
- Support other accounting projects, as required
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Accounting or Finance
- (5) years of combined experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis preferably with a professional services firm
- Actively pursuing or completion of an accounting designation is an asset
- Experience with ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX preferred)
- Advanced skills in Excel with advanced proficiency with functions, macros and queries
- Strong knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Excellent numerical ability
- You are an effective communicator with exceptional reporting skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- You are self-motivated and positive, and you possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and focus on delivering ‘On Spec, On Time, On Budget’
- You are a problem solver with an analytical mind, and you are a strong critical thinker
- You are able to work both independently and in a team environment and you can adapt to a fast-paced environment
- You are detail oriented and have an eye for accuracy