Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk, under the direction of the Assistant Financial Controller, will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely processing of AR and AP processes, delivering professional and high-quality support to our clients, vendors, and internal teams.
- Full cycle accounts payable processing including, issuing purchase orders, reconciling supporting documents to invoices, invoice approvals, receiving and posting invoices, and maintaining electronic filing systems.
- Review accounts payable aging report, open purchase orders, project mark-ups, and perform necessary follow-ups.
- Correspond with vendors directly, resolve invoice and statement discrepancies and process credits or returns.
- Send invoices and billing back-up to clients or upload to client online portals following client billing procedures. Process corrections or credit invoices, as required.
- Process cheques, cash deposits, and electronic funds transfers and make required journal entries.
- Review accounts receivable aging report and correspond with project managers and clients directly, follow-up on delinquent payments, or discrepancies between payment and account statement.
- Accounts receivable and payable month-end related tasks.
- Credit applications.
- Team cross training and coverage (administrative and accounting).
- Other accounting or ad hoc related duties as required.
Your Education and Background
- Minimum 3-years of previous experience as an AR/AP Clerk.
- Diploma in administration, business or accounting preferred.
- High degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, time management, excellent at multi-tasking, coordinating, and prioritizing will help you thrive in this position.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with internal teams, externally with clients and vendors as well as independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience working with Dynamics AX considered an asset.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!