Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
In your role as Electrical Designer, you are responsible for a variety of basic engineering work activities which includes drafting and designing electrical and instrumentation systems, developing wiring and schematic drawings, scope of work documents, bill of material documents, capital cost estimates and document control activities.
Your Key Qualifications
- College diploma in engineering technology or bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 2-8 years of relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm (Candidates with 10+ years of experience will also be considered).
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards, guidelines, and applicable electrical codes for Ontario and Canada.
- Industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining an asset.
- Experience in preliminary and detailed substation design an asset.
- Experience with low and medium voltage distribution and/or control systems.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effectively liaise with engineers, designers, engineers in training, and specialists to ensure client needs are met.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and to go on site on occasion.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each bring to our team! Whether you’re a student, a recent graduate, or an experienced professional, we would love to chat about YOUR future with BESTECH.
Considering Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometres, there are more than 200 kilometres of hiking trails ready to explore! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighbouring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity.