Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
As an Electrical EIT, you will work closely with project managers while performing entry level engineering work and assistance on small to large-scale projects. You will execute, coordinate, and expedite a succession of different engineering activities as part of capital expenditure projects. This includes participating in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
What YOU Bring to the Team
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
- Ensure projects meet the requirements of industry standards and regulations and work within established company, client and industry policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering standards and applicable codes.
- Strong computer knowledge in industry applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD.
- Embrace new technology and innovation for progressive solutions.
- Participate in projects using engineering principles and techniques, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety, and time constraints.
- Industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining, and knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset.
- Experience in preliminary and detailed substation design an asset.
- Experience with low and medium voltage distribution and control systems.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relations and collaborative design skills.
- Strong organizational, business and planning skills with close attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and independently with attention to detail.
- Organizational, business, and planning skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel and visit client sites on occasion.
Your Education and Licence
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited university (electrical, mechatronics, or power engineering).
- Registered or eligible to register as an EIT (engineer-in-training) with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each bring to our team! Whether you’re a student, a recent graduate, or an experienced professional, we would love to chat about YOUR future with BESTECH.
Considering Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometres, there are more than 200 kilometres of hiking trails ready to explore! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighbouring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity.