Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the finance group, with emphasis on general accounting processes, and providing budget support through the implementation of financial controls and the coordination of internal/external reporting systems. The role is also responsible for managing activities and processes to ensure compliance with all legal, statutory, and company guidelines.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and managing the overall financial reporting efforts of the organization.
- Set direction and expectations within the Accounting division; mentor, coach, train, evaluate and lead team members to accomplish the goals and objectives of the business.
- Participate in the development of short & long-term financial policies, objectives and plans.
- Participate in strategic planning and offer strategic advice to maximize profitability.
- Participate in divisional strategy and planning sessions.
- Responsible for implementing and managing appropriate financial management processes.
- Audit procedures and processes to maintain corporate compliance.
- Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents.
- Coordinate the budgeting process and manage and control expenses within budget.
- Review and analyze operating results in relation to cost, budgets and operating policies with specific attention to variances.
- Maintain a regular review of income and expenditure to ensure cash flow is adequate to meet future business needs.
- Direct and review the analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information for use in management decision making and to meet the finance and administration requirements.
- Ensure the Company is meeting the financial reporting requirements consistently, accurately and on-time.
- Ensure all statutory and Company reporting deadlines are met and that reports are both consistent and accurate.
- Prepare financial forecasts to reflect current projections to plan.
- Manage the preparation of required financial reports.
- Coordination of audits, financial reviews and preparation of year-end files.
- Responsible for completing some administrative tasks, particularly where sensitive information is involved.
- Prepare corporate presentations as required.
- Responsible for maintaining professional credentials and for ongoing personal development.
- Actively support company sponsored community initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience
- University Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Professional accreditation from CICA (CPA, CMA, CGA) is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian accounting legislation and guidelines.
- Minimum (7) years of direct accounting experience; preferably in project-based entities.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as MS Dynamics AX is preferred.
- Experience in organizations operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a “hands on” approach to managing the accounting function.
- Strong research and planning skills required to provide support and guidance to the management team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills.