Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
As our Front End Web Developer and Designer, you will be responsible for the design, development (coding), maintenance, and updating of our current and future web sites, applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects. You will work with the marketing team to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design up to and including production deployment.
Your work will include a broad scope, developing graphics and layouts, scripting, as well as programming and development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as Java and the WordPress CMS.
You will be managing the websites for multiple dynamic companies, and therefore, the ability to be flexible and adapt to new challenges is a must.
- Operate effectively as a member of the marketing team.
- Operate efficiently while offering quick turnaround of enhancements and adjustments.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Demonstrate creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Utilize storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, and consultation on software UI’s.
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
- Effectively develop clean, well structured, easily maintainable formats.
- Cohesively design around existing corporate brand standards.
- Illustrate concepts by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and font style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Prepare final layout print-ready files of art.
- Complete projects by coordinating with clients and outside vendors.
- Process skills: knowledge and experience to fulfill artwork in a multi-media platform.
- One must also have knowledge of the different formats and requirements acceptable to any electronic and/or digital media outlet.
What you bring to the team:
- Working knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Design skills: knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements.
- Computer skills: computer design software systems.
- Organization Skills: This position requires someone who can prioritize, organize, and manage a substantial workload. This includes being able to complete jobs in a timely manner or on a specified deadline. This skill set also involves being able to finish jobs in less time than quoted to maximize efficiency. This person should work in tandem with others in the marketing department, sharing the responsibility of workloads, quality control and the like.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Solid understanding of navigation and SEO.
- Experience with seamless integration of front-end to back-end development and functionality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to thrive in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment.