Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
We are currently seeking a talented and professional HR Generalist with exceptional analytical and communication skills. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with strong organizational and conflict management skills. The successful candidate will have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
The HR Generalist provides a wide range of corporate human resources services including HRIS data maintenance, recruitment and talent management, performance management, employee development and training, policy development and administration, time and attendance payroll support, benefits and rewards program administration and general employee and management relations.
This position will also assist with HR project management in support of enhancing business results and driving organizational performance.
- Receive, process, and respond to day-to-day employee inquiries and/or concerns, and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents. Ensure policies and procedures comply with changing laws and regulations and meets organizational objectives.
- Assist with evaluating, analysing, and implementing all human resources activities which include, but are not limited to employee engagement and relations, compensation and benefits, talent, and performance management.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and support proactive HR solutions in alignment with the organization’s overall strategies.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all employee data and all phases of Human Resources processes, working within HRIS tools, in accordance with company policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Communicate and reinforce the Company’s values, philosophies, and leadership behaviours to assist in the development of a high performing organization.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes and lead the creation of recruiting and interviewing plans for each open position identifying effective sources.
- Conduct new employee onboarding while ensuring a successful integration. Counsel employees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed decisions on benefits and programs.
- Assist with coordinating existing HR programs, developing new HR programs and responsible for the administration of the annual service awards program.
- Assist with the organization’s training and development and performance management activities and strategies.
- Support HR/EHS administration directly related to employees including workers compensation, RTW programs, internal communications, etc.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure consistent business practices and shared learnings.
- Support organizational Health and Wellness Program initiatives.
Personal Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from an accredited college or university in human resources management.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a generalist capacity.
- CHRP/CHRL designation preferred.
- A dynamic people-oriented approach and focus on results with the capability to influence and build positive relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Strong knowledge of recruitment and selection principles, testing methods and practices as well as knowledge of all phases of the recruitment and selection process including sourcing and attracting applicants and conducting interviews.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) and use sound judgment while dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate and to build effective working relationships across the organization with a range of stakeholders at all levels is essential.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint).