Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
Lead Our Canadian Mining Engineering Services Team
The BESTECH Mining Engineering Services (MES) group comprises a specialized team of industry experts with experience in a wide range of technical and unique areas of mine design.
The MES team works to assist clients by filling knowledge and experience gaps to successfully develop long-term plans through a holistic approach to innovative solutions for both underground and open-pit mining operations.
BESTECH’s mission is to help our clients plan the mines of the future today, using our Whole Mine™ approach and remain a “Partner of Choice for our industry partners.
While this includes designing safe, efficient, and profitable mines, our clients choose to work with us because of our co-commitment to the communities we work in. It is critical to us that our solutions address the growing demand for responsible, effective operations with low risk to people, communities, and the environment.
BESTECH is proud to have been recognized with awards for innovation, economic development, and community contributions. As an Employer of Distinction in Ontario, we are passionate about our people and offer exciting, rewarding careers.
BESTECH is looking for a dynamic individual to lead our diverse mining engineering team towards success through the path of ingenuity and innovation.
Reporting to the President, your role as the Manager of Mine Engineering Services is to lead the mining team to service our clients, grow and be part of the larger BESTECH community. Your key responsibilities include:
- Coaching and mentoring, a mining team with various levels of experience.
- Business Development to grow, by generating leads and opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Managing projects
- Ensuring your team completes work that meets industry standards, best practices, and regulations, within established company and industry policies and procedures.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- 8 – 10 years’ engineering experience in mining operations or consulting.
- Professional engineering licence or eligible for registering as a professional engineer.
- Geotech and/or geology experience/education will be an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of mining and mining engineering applications in underground and surface mining environments.
- Skilled in researching, analyzing, and communicating complex information and developing appropriate conclusions and action plans.
- Fluent in English and fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Willingness to travel and to go on site.
- Flexibility and ability to work from the office or home in a virtual environment.