Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
Lead Our Power Systems Engineering Team
The BESTECH Power group comprises industry experts with experience in a wide range of technical and unique areas of specialized power systems and pole line designs, studies, mining, industrial, and utility applications 230kV to utilization.
The power team works to assist clients by filling knowledge and experience gaps and provide innovative solutions focused on increased longevity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness, all while minimizing downtime.
Our multi-disciplinary team is specialized, designing in the most challenging environments.
BESTECH is proud to have been recognized with awards for innovation, economic development, and community contributions. As an Employer of Distinction in Ontario, we are passionate about our people and offer exciting, rewarding careers.
Reporting to the President, your role as the Manager of Power Systems Engineering Services is to lead the power team to service our clients, grow and be part of the larger BESTECH community. Your key responsibilities include:
- Coaching and mentoring, a Power Systems Team with various levels of experience.
- Business development to grow, by generating leads and opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Managing projects.
- within established company and industry policies and procedures.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- 8 – 10 years’ engineering experience in industrial or utility operations or consulting.
- Professional engineering licence or eligible for registering as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of power systems engineering principles and practices in mining and utility applications.
- Experienced in the design of substations, protection and control systems, transmission and distribution lines and power system studies.
- Skilled in researching, analyzing, and communicating complex information and developing appropriate conclusions and action plans.
- Fluent in English with fluency in other languages an asset.
- Willingness for occasional travel and visiting client sites.
- Flexibility and ability to work from the office or home in a virtual environment.