Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
We are seeking bright, talented, and ambitious candidates for the following positions:
The successful candidate will work closely with project managers, engineers and specialists while performing entry level engineering work on small to large-scale projects. The Mechanical EIT will execute, coordinate and expedite a succession of different engineering activities as part of capital expenditure projects. This includes participating in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices. This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Ensure that safety is paramount in all undertakings
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered or willing to register as an EIT with PEO
- Strong computer knowledge in industry applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD (Inventor and other 3D drafting experience is an asset)
- Coordinate with other disciplines (automation, structural, electrical, etc.) to ensure compliance and effectively liaise with engineers, designers and specialists to ensure client needs are met
- Proficient communicator with strong client relations and collaborative design skills
- Experience in surface and underground mining is considered an asset
- Strong organizational, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function with minimal supervision and work both independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel