Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The Mechanical Engineer plays a leadership role within a multi-discipline team to provide mechanical engineering design for detailed engineering projects. The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for leading design activities, maintaining project schedules and ensuring successful project completion. This individual will review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy. They will utilize their mechanical design expertise, act as a resource for industry codes, standards and construction methods and contribute to the expansion of the existing Mechanical team and practice at BESTECH. This position reports directly to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering Services.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and compile operational data and prepare scopes of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
- Ability to prepare and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, layouts and other visual aids.
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines with strong industrial experience.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Shall be ready to mentor junior team members.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Shall be able to take the mechanical lead on a large range of project sizes.
- Must have strong project management skills and experience in leading projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills.
- Must liaise with other engineers, specialists, EITs and designers to ensure client needs are met.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve client satisfaction targets.
- Willingness to travel and to go on site.
- Interested in a supportive, engaging consulting engineering culture.