Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The Mechanical Engineer, P.Eng. is responsible for executing, coordinating, and expediting a succession of different engineering activities, to support capital project requirements and they will review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy. This position reports to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering Services.
Your Personal Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in mechanical engineering and licensed as a professional engineer in the province of Ontario.
- Minimum 8-years of relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines with strong industrial experience. Experience in engineering design for surface and underground mining operations is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and compile operational data and prepare scopes of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications, and reports.
- Ability to prepare and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Shall be able to take the mechanical lead on a large range of project sizes.
- Must have strong project management skills and experience in leading projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).