Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
As a Mining EIT, you will work closely with our highly energized mining team with responsibility for performing entry level engineering work and assistance on small to large-scale projects. You will execute, coordinate, and expedite a succession of different engineering activities. This includes participating in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices. This position reports to the Manager of Mine Engineering Services.
What YOU Bring to the Team
- Promote and support BESTECH’S core values and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering.
- Strong computer knowledge or interest in industry applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD.
- Embrace new technology and innovation for progressive solutions.
- Experience with or desire to learn Deswik CAD (Deswik.CAD) and interactive schedule designs (Deswik.Sched and Deswik.IS) for a variety of underground mining methods.
- Meet with clients to analyze their needs and requirements, making recommendation.
- Collect client requirements for the creation of engineering solutions.
- Participate in projects using engineering principles and techniques, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety, and time constraints.
- Prepare and interpret drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Prepare specifications and documents in accordance with requirements.
- Provide innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Provide computer aided solutions to solve problems using MS products (e.g., Excel, Word, Project).
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
- Travel to and from sites as required.
- Participate in the design elements of a project.
- Participate in bidding projects & proposal writing.
- Participate in the preparation of capital cost estimates.
- Participate in Business Development efforts
- Assist with on-site construction reviews.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and visit client sites on occasion.
Your Education and Licence
- A bachelor’s degree in mining engineering, or related engineering or geosciences discipline from an accredited university.
- Registered or eligible to register as an EIT (engineer-in-training) with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each bring to our team! Whether you’re a student, a recent graduate, or an experienced professional, we would love to chat about YOUR future with BESTECH.
Considering Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometres, there are more than 200 kilometres of hiking trails ready to explore! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighbouring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity.