Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, reporting, and coordinating multiple multidisciplinary engineering projects as well as assembling project teams to ensure stakeholder satisfaction. This includes organizing complex activities for the development and execution of projects and reporting to management on various key performance indicators.
More specifically, this individual will be responsible for estimating and monitoring costs, providing guidance and technical expertise in engineering projects and acting as team leader.
Primary Job Duties:
- Ensure that safety is paramount in all undertakings
- Develop, track, and successfully manage project budget, project plans, schedule and scope
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost, and timing estimates
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the project team and PMO (project management office)
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and update project progress
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
- Manage multiple small to large scale projects working collaboratively with client stakeholders, vendors, project team and technical resources
- Manage project resources including developing, motivating, and coaching junior designers and engineers in project management
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in a related technical field
- Strong knowledge of mining and mining related processes
- PMP or equivalent designation is an asset
- Strong knowledge of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) guide processes and terminology is an asset
- Experience with Agile project management is an asset
- 12+ years of project management experience with focus on mining related processes
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Knowledge in drafting applications, including AutoCAD, MicroStation and Inventor, is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills
- Extensive experience in project estimating and proposal writing
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve client satisfaction targets
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel and to go on site