Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The Structural Engineer plays a leadership role within a multi-discipline team to provide structural engineering design for detailed engineering projects. The successful candidate will lead design activities maintaining project schedules and ensuring successful project completion. The Structural Engineer works closely with the group in the preparation of study reports, estimates and project proposals. This individual will review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy. They will utilize their structural design expertise, act as a resource for industry codes, standards and construction methods and contribute to the expansion of the existing Structural team and practice at BESTECH. This position reports directly to the Manager, Mechanical/Civil Services.
Essential Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess P. Eng. Designation.
- Minimum of (8) years of relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm.
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare proposals, scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
- Shall be ready to mentor junior team members.
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mining-related processes a definite asset.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Shall be able to take the structural lead on a large range of project sizes.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Liaise with team members in other disciplines, designers, EIT and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willing to travel.