Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
In your role as Structural Designer, you are responsible for a variety of engineering work activities including producing structural/poleline/civil drawing packages to client standards, preparing technical scopes of work and specifications, performing site visits to retrieve field information (including using our in-house 3D laser scanning equipment if deemed required), and project coordination activities.
What YOU Bring to the Team
- College diploma in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 2 to 8 years of relevant design experience at an engineering firm or in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work and conceptualize in both 2D and 3D applications.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Civil3D, Plant3D, Revit, Inventor, 3D Microstation, and/or point cloud software experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must effectively liaise with team members in other disciplines, including designers, EITs, and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Confidence communicating with clients and vendors via oral and written communications.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and visit client sites on occasion.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each bring to our team! Whether you’re a student, a recent graduate, or an experienced professional, we would love to chat about YOUR future with BESTECH.
Considering Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometres, there are more than 200 kilometres of hiking trails ready to explore! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighbouring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity.