Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of basic detail engineering work activities which includes drafting and designing various structures, preparing specifications, site inspection, preparing technical reports, project coordination, scope of work documents, bill of material documents, cost estimates and document control activities. This position reports directly to the Manager, Mechanical/Civil Services.
Skills and Requirements
- College diploma in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 1-8 years relevant design experience in an engineering firm or industrial environment.
- Participate in multidisciplinary coordination to identify design and drawing inputs.
- Knowledge of structural analysis and structural design is essential.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled in using Inventor or Solidworks applications would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards, codes, and guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must effectively liaise with team members in other disciplines, including designers, EITs, and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willing to travel.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).