Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
In your role as Structural Designer, you are responsible for a variety of engineering work activities including producing structural/poleline/civil drawing packages to client standards, preparing technical scopes of work and specifications, performing site visits to retrieve field information (including using our in-house 3D laser scanning equipment if deemed required), and project coordination activities.
This position reports to the Manager, Structural Engineering Services.
What YOU Bring to the Team
- College diploma in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 2 to 8 years of relevant design experience at an engineering firm or in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work and conceptualize in both 2D and 3D applications.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with poleline and/or civil design would be considered an asset.
- Civil3D, Plant3D, Revit, Inventor, 3D Microstation, and/or point cloud software experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must effectively liaise with team members in other disciplines, including designers, EITs, and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Confidence communicating with clients and vendors via oral and written communications.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and visit client sites on occasion.