Thrive with new professional challenges.
BESTECH is a trusted team of engineering and project delivery professionals. Recognized as a leader in innovation and as a Top Employer based in northern Ontario, we are committed to sustainable growth through client service excellence and market diversification.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a motivated, efficient and engaged Structural Engineering team. Responsibilities include: assigning resources and prioritizing activities to achieve project goals and timelines; coaching and mentoring employees to ensure maximum performance; performing one-on-one evaluations with staff and offering constructive feedback and career development opportunities; assist with developing division-specific processes and procedures; and managing projects as needed.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
- Ensure projects meet the requirements of industry standards and regulations and work within established company/industry policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to services team conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers and ensure project deliverables are carried out on-time, on-spec, and on-budget.
- Participate in short-term planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken.
- Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates and technical studies.
- Analyze reports on project status provided by project managers, providing feedback and guidance as required.
- Recommend changes or opportunities to operating costs and report deviations from planned activities.
- Work with the divisional manager to ensure the profitability of the division and inform management of the risks, opportunities and challenges faced as related to projects.
- Complete tender documents, feasibility documents, and other documentation as required, and verify accuracy of records completed by team members.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct meetings, presentations, and interviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform design duties as required on projects.
- Comfortable working at client sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a P. Eng. designation.
- Minimum eight (8) years of leadership and project management experience in an engineering firm.
- Extensive knowledge of all applicable codes.
- Must have strong project management skills and experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and client relationship management experience.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills.
- Knowledge of mining-related processes a definite asset.
Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Willing to travel.