Greater Sudbury - Ontario
In your role as Electrical Engineer, you are responsible for leading electrical design projects from concept to complete preparation of construction documents and specifications. This includes executing, coordinating, and expediting a succession of different engineering activities, as part of capital expenditure projects. You will establish project strategy, review drawings, and ensure elements of design and detailing adhere to jurisdictional requirements while delivering excellent technical, financial, and social solutions for our clients.
What YOU Bring to the Team
- 5-10 years relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm.
- Be able to collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications, and reports.
- Extensive knowledge in Ontario and Canadian engineering standards, codes, and guidelines.
- Strong industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining being an asset.
- Experience in preliminary and detailed substation design an asset.
- Experience with low and medium voltage distribution and control.
- Front End Loaded (FEL) engineering studies industrial and/or utility clients.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Ability to mentor junior designers and engineers.
- Strong organizational, planning and leadership skills
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Effectively liaise with engineers, designers, and specialists to ensure client needs are met.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and to go on site on occasion.
Your Education and Licence
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited university (preferably in electrical, mechatronics, or power engineering).
- Professional engineering licence or eligible for registering as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
BESTECH Canada Limited offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach.
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 675-7720. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!
Considering Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometres, there are more than 200 kilometres of hiking trails ready to explore as well as 330 lakes within the city limits! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round, minutes from their homes.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighbouring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity