Greater Sudbury - Ontario
BESTECH is an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering services firm that partners with clients to deliver results that exceed expectations. To us, partnership means we engage in relationships with our team, our clients, and our community.
Founded in 1995, BESTECH works with many of the largest mining and industrial clients in the world, achieving success across many engineering disciplines. BESTECH has a track record and passion for working with clients who need simple and innovative solutions to make their operations more efficient and profitable. That is why global mining and industrial clients have chosen to work with us for more than 25 years.
Our team of dedicated professionals works collaboratively to deliver high-quality and reliable solutions that meet the evolving needs of our clients. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture of innovation, safety, and excellence. As we continue to expand our operations and undertake challenging projects, we are seeking a talented intermediate structural engineer to join our dynamic team.
In the community, BESTECH is humble and proud to be recognized with awards for innovation, economic development, and community contributions. As an Employer of Distinction in Ontario, we are passionate about our people and offer exciting, rewarding careers.
Your Role as Mechanical Designer
As Mechanical Designer, you are responsible for a variety of engineering work activities including drafting and designing of mechanical and light structural systems, development of scope of work documents, bill of material documents, and other project documents as required.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Lead development of mechanical designs and drawings across all types of industrial and mining design applications.
- Must effectively liaise with team members in other disciplines, including other designers, EITs, and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Conduct site visits and inspections with other members of the team to assess existing mechanical systems, identify potential issues, and provide recommendations for remedial action.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement within the engineering team, promoting best practices and adherence to industry standards.
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of relevant design experience at an engineering firm or in an industrial environment.
- Ability to participate in multidisciplinary coordination to identify design and drawing inputs.
- Strong computer knowledge in industry applications, including AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office products.
- Skilled in using Inventor and/or Plant3D applications is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards, codes, and guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing high-priorities.
- Industrial experience is an asset.
- Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and vendors.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Effectively liaise with team members in other disciplines to ensure client needs are met.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and visit client sites on occasion.
BESTECH Canada Limited offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach.
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 675-7720. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!
Considering moving to Greater Sudbury?
Greater Sudbury is known as an amazing place to live, work, and play! As the capital of Northern Ontario, Greater Sudbury sits at the crossroads of the great outdoors and city culture – the perfect mix of tranquility and amenities!
Spanning more than 4,000 square kilometers, there are more than 200 kilometers of hiking trails ready to explore as well as 330 lakes within the city limits! Residents fish, canoe, kayak, swim, skate, play hockey, and enjoy nature year-round, minutes from their homes.
We also have a range of religious, recreational, and professional associations and communities that help newcomers get to know the city, its culture, and its people.
Greater Sudbury would not be as vibrant and diverse without its two neighboring First Nation communities and our Francophone population. New residents and visitors often describe Sudbury as offering a “true Canadian experience” because of its cultural mix, heritage, and diversity.