Greater Sudbury - Ontario
Senior Electrical Engineer, P.Eng
BESTECH is an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering services firm that partners with clients to deliver results that exceed expectations. To us, partnership means we engage in relationships with our team, our clients, and our community.
Founded in 1995, BESTECH works with many of the largest mining clients in the world, achieving success across many engineering disciplines. In 2019, our team expanded to offer our clients mining engineering services, from mine design and planning to mine closure. BESTECH has a track record and passion for working with clients who need simple and innovative solutions to make mines more efficient and profitable. That is why global mining and industrial clients have chosen to work with us for more than 25 years.
In the community, BESTECH is humble and proud to be recognized with awards for innovation, economic development, and community contributions. As an Employer of Distinction in Ontario, we are passionate about our people and offer exciting, rewarding careers.
Your Role as a Senior Electrical Engineer, P.Eng.
In your role as Senior Electrical Engineer, you are responsible for leading electrical design projects from concept to complete preparation of construction documents and specifications. This includes executing, coordinating, and expediting a succession of different engineering activities, as part of capital expenditure projects. In your role, you will establish project strategy, review drawings, and ensure elements of design and detailing adhere to jurisdictional requirements while delivering excellent technical, financial, and social solutions for our clients.
Other responsibilities include reviewing project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy and providing recommendations for system improvements. You will utilize your expertise, act as a resource for industry codes, standards, and construction methods, and contribute to the expansion of the existing Power team and practice at BESTECH.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering or project management role with a technical firm.
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications, and reports.
- Solid client relationship management experience and collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and team members to ensure project success.
- Coach and mentor junior team members and contribute to the growth and development of the power systems team.
- Extensive knowledge in engineering standards, codes, and guidelines with strong industrial experience. Experience in engineering design for surface and underground mining operations is a strong asset.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Effectively liaise with other engineers, specialists, EITs, designers and project managers to ensure client needs are met.
- Willingness to travel, if required, and attend meetings and field visits on client sites.
- Interested in a supportive, engaging consulting engineering culture.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and emerging technologies related to power systems engineering.
Your Education and Licence
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited university (preferably in electrical, mechatronics, or power engineering).
- Professional engineering licence or eligible for registering as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
BESTECH Canada Limited offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach.
To apply for this role, please visit at bestech.com/careers
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 675-7720. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!