Greater Sudbury - Ontario
Senior Structural Engineer, P.Eng
Your Role as a Senior Structural Engineer
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, analysis, and implementation of structural projects. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including other engineering disciplines and architects, to ensure the successful completion of projects within budget, schedule, and quality requirements. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional technical expertise, leadership capabilities, and a strong commitment to delivering innovative and sustainable structural solutions. This position reports directly to the Manager, Structural Engineering Services.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Lead and manage the design and analysis of structural systems including, but not limited to, underground mining infrastructure, buildings, miscellaneous structures, equipment foundations, and lifting devices.
- Develop and review structural engineering calculations, drawings, specifications, and reports, ensuring compliance with applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
- Perform structural analysis using advanced software tools to assess the integrity, stability, and load-bearing capacity of structures.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior/intermediate engineers, reviewing their work for accuracy and adherence to design objectives.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other project stakeholders to develop comprehensive structural design solutions that meet project requirements and objectives.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to assess existing structures, identify potential issues, and provide recommendations for remedial action.
- Participate in project meetings, coordinating with multidisciplinary teams to address technical challenges, resolve conflicts, and ensure seamless project delivery.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in structural engineering practices, applying them to enhance project efficiency and innovation.
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, including scope definition and cost estimation, to secure new business opportunities.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement within the engineering team, promoting best practices and adherence to industry standards.
- Manage smaller structural and multi-discipline projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation in the Province of Ontario. Alternatively, registration as a professional engineer in another Canadian province or territory, who is actively working towards professional registration in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of structural engineering experience in mining and/or industrial sectors.
- Proven experience as a Senior Structural Engineer, demonstrating progressive responsibility and successful completion of complex structural projects.
- In-depth knowledge of structural analysis and design principles, codes, and regulations.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software. Familiarity with STAAD.Pro or Robot Structural Analysis is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex structural engineering problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and present technical information to clients and stakeholders.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience leading and mentoring junior engineers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong commitment to safety, quality, and sustainable design practices.
- Willingness to travel as required and attend meetings and field visits to client sites.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
BESTECH Canada Limited offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach. Join our team of talented professionals and contribute to the successful delivery of exceptional structural engineering projects.
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 675-7720. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!