Greater Sudbury - Ontario
Senior Mechanical Engineer, P.Eng
BESTECH is an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering services firm that partners with clients to deliver results that exceed expectations. To us, partnership means we engage in relationships with our team, our clients, and our community.
Founded in 1995, BESTECH works with many of the largest mining clients in the world, achieving success across many engineering disciplines. In 2019, our team expanded to offer our clients mining engineering services, from mine design and planning to mine closure. BESTECH has a track record and passion for working with clients who need simple and innovative solutions to make mines more efficient and profitable. That is why global mining and industrial clients have chosen to work with us for more than 25 years.
In the community, BESTECH is humble and proud to be recognized with awards for innovation, economic development, and community contributions. As an Employer of Distinction in Ontario, we are passionate about our people and offer exciting, rewarding careers.
Your Role as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, P.Eng.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, P.Eng. you play a leadership role within a multi-discipline team to provide mechanical engineering design for detailed engineering projects. You are also responsible for leading design activities, maintaining project schedules and ensuring successful project completion. You will review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy. This position reports to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering Services.
Other responsibilities include reviewing project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy and providing recommendations for system improvements. You will utilize your mechanical engineering expertise, act as a resource for industry codes, standards, and construction methods, and contribute to the expansion of the existing mechanical team and practice at BESTECH.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Minimum 10 years of relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and guidelines with strong industrial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and compile operational data and prepare scopes of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications, and reports.
- Ability to prepare and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Coach and mentor junior team members and contribute to the growth and development of the mechanical team.
- Solid client relationship management experience and collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and team members to ensure project success.
- Ability to manage large and complex projects, including managing budgets and schedules.
- Must have strong project management skills and experience in leading projects.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Pumping systems
- ASME B31 pressure piping systems
- Underground dewatering and backfill systems
- Underground mine infrastructure
- Industrial HVAC
- Conveyor and material handling systems
- Compressed air systems
- Other industrial mechanical systems
- Construction support and on-site commissioning
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Effectively liaise with other engineers, specialists, EITs, designers and project managers to ensure client needs are met.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel, if required, and attend meetings and field visits on client sites.
- Interested in a supportive, engaging consulting engineering culture. Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and emerging technologies related to mechanical engineering.
Your Education and Licence
- University degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering licence in Ontario.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
BESTECH Canada Limited offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud of and continuously thrive to improve our employee culture, and value an equitable and balanced life/work approach.
To apply for this role, please visit at bestech.com/careers
We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of our career posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 675-7720. All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Why Join the BESTECH Team?
We provide our employees with opportunities to grow and succeed professionally and personally. As a growing organization, we still get excited about partnering with new professionals joining our team, along with the unique knowledge, skill set, and experiences each brings to our team!